The Cocoonababy nest includes:
- an adjustable wedge which can be moved down as baby grows, during the first 4 months
- a white fitted sheet (machine washable: 30°C)
- a waterproof sheet (machine washable)
- a white tummy band which maintains the child in an ideal position
(Spare white fitted sheets are available to purchase separately.)
• Dimensions: 69 x 40 x 19 cm
• Weight: 1kg
• Care: the fitted sheets and tummy band are machine washable
• Product guarantee: 12 months
For use in a cot with the cot base in the lowest position and that the depth above the cot mattress is superior to 50 cm, or on the ground, on a carpet, or in a playpen. (Do not use this product in a Moses basket, a rocking cradle, or in a stroller Carrycot.)
Origins of the Cocoonababy® Nest…
Cocoonababy® Nest was originally developed in Marseilles, France.
By observing the needs of the babies she was treating, Danielle Salducci, started to design and make mattresses which would enable newborns to make movements similar to those made inside their mother’s womb.
The initial stage was to medically research and to determine a posture for the premature baby which could be described as a ‘follow-up womb’. The parameters were based on the vital functions (heart, oxygenation, and respiration), the sleep patterns and the level of the influence of stress on various pathologies. The second stage was the postural research. The ‘follow-up womb’ posture is determined by the support given, the way the baby is held tightly or ‘contained’ and the curled up posture of the child’s body.”
Danielle Salducci and the team soon realised that the benefits reaped by the premature babies would also apply to full-term babies.
When to use the Cocoonababy® Nest?
The Cocoonababy® Nest will accompany your baby during every sleepy moment, at bedtime or naptime, at home or away, by providing the ideal environment for peaceful sleep and optimal physical development.
Using the Cocoonababy® Nest Safely At Home
• Suited for babies weighing 2.8kg and above,
• Can be used up until your child starts attempting to roll or change position in the nest (about 4 months of age),
• Cease using at approximately 4 months of age,
• Can be used in a cot or cradle with sides at least 39cm in height (at least 20cm higher than the nest),
• If used outside of a cot or cradle, it must be placed on the floor and never on a raised surface,
• Always place your baby on its back in the Cocoonababy®
• Always follow the Manufacturers Instructions.
IMPORTANT – For safety reasons, babies should not sleep with any coverings on their head or face.
The Cocoonababy Nest is Designed and used by French Obstetricians in France and abroad. The Cocoonababy Nest is the key to baby’s sound sleep and his or her all-round development. Originally, the nest Cocoonababy was developed for premature babies in the neonatal department of the hospital north of Marseilles in France. With time and experience, the medical team realized that the well-being given to premature babies could also be applied to children born at term.
Used in the home day and night for premature (from 2.8kgs) and full-term babies to approx. 4 months. . Also used by health experts. Real nest of enlightenment and comfort reassures the baby and help to adapt smoothly to life after birth. A child who has lost known landmarks in the womb of his mother feels safe and content.
The semi-foetale posture helps to:
- Reduce the involuntary jerky movements which wake him with a start and make him cry (startle or moro reflex).
- Limit the risk of ‘flat head syndrome’ (positional plagiocephaly).
- Limit gastric reflux – Improve the interaction between the child and those around him (his gaze is neither fixed towards the ceiling nor always towards the same side).
A feeling of peace and calm, in a space reminiscent of the mother’s womb…
Thanks to the enveloping shape of the ergonomic nest, your baby lies in a semi-foetal position, which helps to reassure baby and promotes deep sleep.
The contact of baby’s shoulders and arms against the cocoon limits the effect of the Moro (‘startle’) reflex, preventing unnecessary disturbances during your baby’s natural sleep cycles.
A combination of supportive and reactive foams, allowing baby to move freely and safely (unlike memory foam)…
Freedom of head movement prevents plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome).
A comfortable body alignment — especially the head, hips and shoulders…
The cocoon’s slightly inclined position helps prevent and relieve symptoms of gastric reflux and colic, while the positioning of the hips and knees is ideal for baby’s physical development.
When baby is awake, the slight incline also encourages interaction between you and your baby, as they don’t stare directly up at the ceiling.
An ergonomic design that evolves as baby grows…
The cocoon ‘wedge’ is repositionable with simple velcro fastenings and can be easily adjusted as baby grows, then later removed when it is no longer necessary.
A perfectly hygienic mattress…
The Cocoonababy® foam is protected by two removable, breathable and washable covers: A waterproof protective cover, and a fitted cotton sheet.